Learn to Code Links
Update: I made a Pinterest board wI have been favoriting “how to code” links on Twitter for awhile now and that seems pretty useless so I’m going to list them here instead.
– Learn the basics to more advanced. Build existing websites that you are familiar with including AirBnB
– Learning how to code in Minecraft is awesome. These tutorials use red stone to build complex circuits. There are also plugins so use the Lua scripting language to automate tasks
– Here’s a list, some redundant with what I already listed.
– Crowdsourced learning
Here’s a Pinterest board I made with around 70 apps listed.
– This wooden toy teaches kids who can’t read yet how to code
– programming language for young children
– My 4 year old has this on his iPad and loves it. He has designed some games for me to play.
Google’s “Made With Code“, an initiative to “creatively engage girls with code”.
– Good for beginners. Choose from existing projects including a 3D printed bracelet and animated gif. Drag and drop shapes to learn about objects, properties and values.
Mozilla Webmaker – Tools, events and teaching guides that allow webmakers to create content and understand how the web works.
– Learn HTML, CSS and build a mobile app
– Good descriptions of: Gamestart Mechanic, Hopscotch, Tynker, Scratch, Move the Turtle, Daisy the Dinosaur, Cargo-Bot